HoDoMS is the representative body for Heads of Departments in the Mathematical Sciences in UK Universities and aims to discuss and promote the interests of HE Mathematics in the UK and to facilitate dialogue between departments.
HoDoMS does this by:
- engaging with issues impacting on UK Mathematics
- representing the interests of departments in response to funding, resource, education and national/international surveys
- organising a reflective annual conference to:
* encourage awareness of current issues, and good practice, and
* inform heads in the management of departments for their research and teaching success.